Located in the beautiful Yarra Valley only an hour’s drive from Melbourne, a visit to Mont De Lancey makes a perfect day out for families & friends keen to immerse themselves in the life of the early settlers.
During your self-guided tour, you’ll get to enjoy:
• A tour through the Family Homestead
• Chatting to the Blacksmiths, hard at work at the forge
• Learning how they cooked in their Timber Slab Kitchen
• Stepping inside the tiny historic 1920s weatherboard chapel
• Admiring the combustion engines in the Vintage Machinery Workshop
• Marvelling at the eclectic artefacts in the Museum
• Beautiful views of the Yarra Valley
You can take a self guided tour between 10am - 4:30pm, Wednesday - Sunday (we're closed over Christmas/New Year). The last tours start at 3.00pm and we recommend you allow at least an hour for your tour.
Children love exploring Mont De Lancey: seeing the black and white photos of the Sebire children their age, and trying to imagine what life was like for them, before electricity! When they learn that children had to pump water from the well just to have a drink, and chop logs for the fire before they could cook anything, and help pick fruit, as well as go to school, they'll be fascinated!
Especially for the kids we have an activity booklet, full of intriguing photos, clever questions and fun activities to pique their interest in daily life at Mont De Lancey over 150 years ago?
Educate and entertain the children by adding this to your ticket purchase - $6 per child.
If you have 10 or more adults in your group, why not consider organising one of our group tours?